This is another recipe for the one with healthy conscious. One day I got a chance to taste cheerios scotcheroos in a restaurant. From that time onwards I’m just trying to make at home after so much of effort I found the exact recipe of Scotcheroos with cheerios. So I decided to share with you all. Cheerios are rich in proteins, low in fat and cholesterol free so even the diabetic patient can also enjoy the taste of cheerios scotcheroos. Hope you will try this recipe and let me know how it turns out for you.
Preparation Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
Cooling time 45 mins
Corn syrup 1 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Peanut butter 1 cup
Cheerios cereals 4 cup
Butterscotch chips 1 cup
Semi sweet chocolate chips 1 cup
- Take corn syrup and sugar in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and heat it in a medium flame. Stir till the contents get dissolved.
- Add peanut butter into the syrup when it is about to attain boiling stage. Remove from flame and stir continuously until it becomes smooth.
- Add Cheerios cereals to the mixture and stir till it get coated well with the mixture.
- Transfer the cheerios mixture to a greased pan with a spatula and spread evenly in a pan. Keep it aside let them get set.
- Melt the butterscotch chips and chocolate chips with microwave or double boiler. Melting should be done with care because it may lead to scorching. So better have medium flame and constant stirring to avoid burning.
- Spread it on the top of cheerios mixture in pan and allow it to get chill for 45 min.
- Once it get firm and cool. Cut it into pieces using pizza cutter and serve.