Want to make a scotcheroo using your microwave? Do you or your kids love scotcheroos? Want to make it for a birthday party? Well, scotcheroos are a kid’s favourite treat if you make it right and have been a favourite among generations. This rice crispie treat is really easy to make, so easy, that even your kids can do it! All you need are the simple ingredients and you will be all ready to make it. Moreover, the ingredients are readily available at all stores, anywhere around the world!
Why are they such a classic?
There’s a reason why scotcheroos is still there and loved by all. Because it is a classic. It has got the right flavour combination to ignite your taste buds and fill you up as well. Also, since it is rice crispie and chocolate, it is a rage among the kids. Hence, in every birthday you will find someone or the other preparing this little bar to please the kids.
Reasons to try them out
One of the reasons to try them out is because of its flavour combination. It has got chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch- it’s a kid’s paradise! It can never go wrong and will always leave you wanting for more. And if you have had it as a kid, then all the more reasons to try them out after you make them- to relive those childhood memories.
How to bake it?
There is no essential skill required to make this piece of treat. It is really easy to make and just involves a bit of heating and mixing and not any of those technically difficult cooking methods. It hardly takes half an hour to make it, especially with a microwave, since you can heat stuff up inside it within a few seconds. However, do get a baking tray just to spread out the mixture and make it into small bars later.
What are the ingredients?
The list of ingredients is pretty basic and you can pick it up from any store near you. However, be careful of the kind of puffed rice cereal you prefer and choose that specific one. All you need to get from the store are:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 18 oz. peanut butter jar
- 12 oz. box of your favourite crispies
- 16 oz. light corn syrup bottle
- 12 oz. butterscotch chips
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Take the baking pan and coat it evenly with a non-stick cooking spray. Then keep aside the chocolate and the butterscotch chips and measure out the puffed rice cereals.
- Take a pot and bring the sugar and the corn syrup to boil. Once there are bubbles on its surface remove it from the heat and put it aside.
- Stir in the peanut butter immediately after taking it out from the heat to give it a gloss.
- Add the rice to the mixture and keep stirring it. Do not pour it all at once and coat the entire cereal evenly.
- When done, pour it into a baking tray and spread it out evenly.
- Melt the chips in the microwave for thirty seconds and stir until the lumps disappear.
- When ready, pour it over the rice mixture evenly and let it cool down to cut and serve later.