Have you ever tried a scotcheroo? Looking for new recipes to make them your favourite family recipe? Love eating scotcheroos and can’t get enough of it? Well, these tasty treats are not only easy to make but require very basic ingredients. Moreover, these treats are healthy enough for the kids to binge on and enjoy it as well. However, you might face some trouble while making it especially if you do not have a baking tray and instead possess a jelly roll pan.
What is a scotcheroo?
The first basic you need to know is what is actually a scotcheroo? A scotcheroo is essential like a rice crispie, only much tastier. It is made up of puffed rice cereal to which is added peanut butter, butterscotch and chocolate to make it appetizing. The chocolate, butterscotch generally act as the topping and bring out the flavour of this treat. It is absolutely hassle free and doesn’t require much cooking or even much time to make it.
What makes baking in a jelly roll pan different?
It is easier to make stuff in jelly roll pans because of the flexibility it has to offer. It has sides which are an inch higher, which makes it easier to fit in any mixture with absolutely ease and without the fear of it tipping over and spilling. You can use it for various other purposes as well like you can use it as a cookies sheet, or even roast veggies. Thus, it’s easy handling capabilities makes it a good choice for making scotcheroos.
How to make it?
Making a scotcheroo is incredibly easy no matter whichever method that you use. It hardly takes any time and can be cooked within a time span of thirty minutes. It rarely consists of any prep time but just to be sure you can prep it for five minutes. The bars produced can be easily stored and can be easily picked form the jelly roll pan.
Before you start preparing them it is essential that you pick up the ingredients form the nearby market. Be sure that you have a non-stick cooking spray at hand to avoid the bars from sticking to the pan. Listed below are the ingredients that you need to purchase:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 18 oz. peanut butter (creamy)
- 12 oz. box of your favourite crispies
- 16 oz. light corn syrup bottle
- 12 oz. butterscotch chips
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Spray the jelly roll pan with the non-stick cooking spray
- In a pot, add the sugar, peanut butter and the corn syrup and stir constantly over medium heat till it starts to bubble.
- Remove when it’s done and add the rice crispies till it is fully coated.
- Prepare it into the jelly pan and even it out. When done, add the butterscotch chips and the chocolate chips as well.
- Once the chocolate has melted smooth it out and keep it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Take it out after 15 minutes and cut it into small bars and serve accordingly.