This recipe is aimed for the Halloween season which will add to the fun of Halloween. That is not much work required to make Halloween scary scotcheroo treats.
Time taken for preparation:
20 minutes for the initial preparation, 10 minutes for cooking, and 50 minutes for cooling.
- 1 cup of corn syrup (doesn’t matter if it is light or dark), sugar, creamy peanut butter.
- Rice crispy cereal-6 cups.
- Chocolate chips (semisweet) and butterscotch chips – 1.5 cups
- Candies, white chocolate (melted) or frosting for decoration.
- Food colouring is required.
How to prepare Halloween scary scotcheroo treats- procedure:
- In a large saucepan placed in the medium heated burner, add the corn syrup and sugar and stir it continuously until the sugar dissolves. Remove it from the burner once the mixture starts boiling.
- In the next add the creamy peanut butter and stir it well and then add the cereal and mix them well until it is evenly coated.
- Now take a large sized pan of at least 15×10 size and pour the entire mixture in it. Make sure you greased it before pouring the mixture.
- In a separate saucepan add the chocolate and butterscotch chips and heat them in low heat so that they melt. Keep stirring them continuously until they melt and then spread the cereal over it.
- Allow them to cool for about 50 minutes or until it gets firm and then cut them into different sizes are shapes for the Halloween.
- Use frosting to make your decide words or shapes for Halloween.
Different decorating ideas:
You can decorate the scotcheroo bars as per your imagination to suit the Halloween mood.
Using a biscuit cutter cut circles of 3 inches. Then take the candies and attach them with melted chocolate with a dab so that you can make the ears, eyes and nose. You can also use frosting for that.
Be creative and use the melted white chocolate or the frosting to create spiderweb -like drawing on the bars.
Cut circles using the biscuit cutter as mentioned above. Use the white frosting or drizzle it towards the sides originally back and forth and place two candies that makes the eyes. Make sure they look like mummies in the end.
This is how to prepare scary Halloween scotcheroo at your home. Use your creativity and make different Halloween shapes.