No Bake Scotcheroos , I just love this recipe only because of its simplicity. I used to wonder how such rich taste comes from these ingredients. Im seriously addicted to these scotcheroos they are so handy, portable, mini size. It will be perfect snack to share with your loved one during festive season. So try this recipie and share your happiness with your neighbours. Hope you will give a try and let me know how it turned out for you.
Preparation Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 25 mins
Cooling time 45 mins
Corn syrup 1 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Peanut butter 1 cup
Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
Rice krispies 6 cups
Butterscotch chips 1 cup
Chocolate chips 1 cup
- Take a sauce pan and heat corn syrup and sugar in medium flame stir it till the mixture gets dissolved completely. Once it attains a rolling boil stage turn off the flame.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla extract to the mixture and stir it to a smooth paste.
- In a large bowl take the rice krispies and pour the mixture into it and stir it till krispies are coated well by the mixture.
- Spread it in a butter greased pan using spatula press it evenly and keep it aside. Let them get set
- Melt the butterscotch and chocolate chips in medium flame. You can use either microwave oven or double boiler to melt the chips.
- Spread the melted chips over the mixture in greased pan. Let them get chill for 45 min then cut it into small pieces and serve.