List of Best Scotcheroo Recipes without Butterscotch, A hearty meal is never complete without a dessert dish that would melt our heart. This could range from a sweet dish to an ice-cream or even chocolate bars.
However, the ideal dessert can be enjoyed only if the flavour of that dessert suits one’s tastes. For some, chocolate is the choice, while some others detest butterscotch. So here is a whole range of scotcheroos without butterscotch recipes.
Scotcheroos are dessert bars that contain rice krispies, chocolate, and peanut butter mostly. Generally, they are of butterscotch flavour, but here is a list of scotcheroos, which come to be equally tasty as butterscotch ones.
There are a variety of scotcheroos which can be made, mostly with help of butterscotch morsels or chips. Though it is one of the primary ingredients for this, yet there can be made scotcheroos without it as well.at times, butterscotch overpowers the taste.
Quite tasty by their own right, here are a few recipes to make scotcheroos, without butterscotch as an ingredient.
The Salty Sweet Scotcheroos Recipe:
- 4 cups of crushed Fritos.
- ¾ cup of peanut butter.
- 3/4 cup white sugar.
- 8 oz semi- sweet chocolate chips.
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup.
- 1 cup butter.
- 8×8 saucepan.
- First the corn syrup and sugar is to be mixed in a pan.
- Then it is brought to boil over medium heat, while it is stirred frequently.
- Now it is to be removed from heat and then mixed with peanut butter and fritos.
- This is to be done until the Fritos is completely coated with the mixture.
- Now the 8×8 pan is to be buttered well. After that this content is to be poured into this pan.
- Now the chocolate chips needs to be put into the microwave and stirred for 30 seconds until it is completely melted.
- Now this chocolate chip is to be spread on the covered Fritos.
After this the sweet and salty scotcheroos can be made. Thus a perfect scotcheroos without butterscotch can be made.
The ingredients for this include:
- 1 cup natural peanut butter.
- 2/3 cup turbinado sugar.
- 1/3 cup blue agave nectar.
- 5 cups whole grain rice puffs(organic).
- 10 oz bag of dairy free dark chocolate chips.
How to make it:
- Initially sugar and agave nectar has to be combined and placed in a saucepan over medium or low heat.
- This is to continue until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Then the content is to be removed from heat and mixed in peanut butter.
- Then rice puffs are to be added and coated in the mixture until it is completely coated.
- Then this content is to be placed evenly in a oiled 9×13 pan and kept for some time. In another sauce pan, chocolate chips are to be taken and heated over low heat till it completely melts. The melted chocolate is then added to the mixture and kept in refrigerator.
It is best served frozen.
- 1/4 cup butter.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla cream.
- 4 cups mini marshmallows.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter.
- 6 cups of rice krispies.
- 1 oz bag of milk chocolate chips.
Recipe to make it:
- Take a sauce pan and mix butter and peanut butter inside the microwave.
- In it, mini marshmallows are added and then coated with this mixture. It is microwaved till it melts completely and becomes puffy.
- It is stirred for about 1 minute.
- After this vanilla and rice krispies are added, and stirred well till it is completely coated.
- A 13×9 pan is to be kept buttered and then this mixture is lightly placed on this pan and cooled for a substantial time period.
- After this the chocolate chips is to be melted well and placed on this mixture evenly. After this, the mixture is left to refrigerate.
- Then, it is served frozen for best taste making one of the best scotcheroos without butterscotch dessert.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispies Scotcheroos:
Goods needed to make it:
- 1 bag of large marshmallows.
- 6 cups of crisped rice cereal.
- 3 tablespoons butter.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter.
- 1/1/2 tablespoons peanut butter.
- 1/1/2 cups chocolate chips.
Way to make it:
- First a 9×13 sauce pan is to be buttered and kept aside.
- After this the butter is melted in a saucepan over low heat.
- Next the marshmallows are added and stirred constantly, till they completely melt.
- After it is removed from the heat, then the peanut butter is added and stirred well.
- Post this the cereal is added into the mixture and then it is again stirred well till it completely is coated.
- This mixture is now placed carefully into the buttered pan.
- Now the chocolate chips and 1/2 table spoon of peanut butter is to be mixed, and melted in the microwave for 30 seconds while constantly stirring it.
- The final garnishing is done by spreading this melted chocolate on the rice krispies and allowing it to cool off before final garnishing.
- 1 cup granulated sugar.
- 1 cup peanut butter.
- 1 cup light corn syrup or karo.
- 12 oz packaged semi- sweet chocolate morsels.
- 1 cup coconut (optional).
- 5 cups of rice krispies or corn flakes.
- The syrup and sugar is boiled by placing it on medium heat.
- After removing it, peanut butter and coconut are mixed in this and stirred lightly.
- After this mixture is mixed well, it is stirred in the cereal for a little time and left to cool down.
- A 9×13 pan is already kept greased with butter aside.
- The chocolate morsels are heated over low heat and melted.
- After that it is spread over the mixture and left to cool down.
- After refrigerating it, it is then ready to serve. Thus, one can make a very healthy scotcheroos without butterscotch
In general having a dessert can always increase calorie content of one’s body. So one needs to be extra careful regarding the salt and sweet content of this dessert.
Initially, butterscotch was a major ingredient, but now with time one has come to make many types of scotcheroos without butterscotch, which makes the whole dessert not just extremely tasty but also immensely healthy.
Clearly, with new recipes propping up every other day, trying out desserts without its primary ingredient is quite an experience in itself.