With increasing consciousness on our eating habits in present times, we generally tend to steer towards foods with high protein content or even those food items which contain butter or other products with huge fat content.
It is generally seen that desserts are those food items that are generally high on calorie content and adds onto our body readily. One can definitely go in for some healthy scotcheroos to make their diet complete and also not gain much onto themselves.
Compared to other types, these scotcheroos are quite easy to make at your home. Here comes the whole list of recipes to make these desserts in a more easier and healthier manner.
- No Baked Scotcheroos Recipe:
These are generally a blend of peanut butter and rice krispies, and without baking they are all the more healthier.
- 1 cup karo corn syrup.
- 1 cup sugar.
- 6 cups of rice krispies.
- 1 cup of butterscotch chips.
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips.
- 1 1/2 cups of peanut butter.
Steps to make it:
- The sugar and karo syrup is mixed together in a sauce pan and heated in low heat.
- It is constantly stirred so as to keep it from chunking into a mass.
- After this the peanut butter is added.
- It is constantly stirred till it blends well with the mixture.
- The rice krispies are kept in another bowl.
- The mixture of peanut butter, karo syrup and sugar is then poured on the rice krispies and allowed to be completely coated.
- Then, it is placed in a non-sticky 9×13 frying pan.
- In the microwave, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips are mixed and heated for about a minute.
- Finally after this the mixture is spread on the coated rice krispies and it is finally ready for serving.
- Brown Rice Krispie Scotcheroos:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter.
- 1/2 cup honey.
- 1 table spoon peanut butter.
- 1 table spoon vanilla cream.
- 3 cups brown rice krispies.
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
Brown rice is the most important aspect of making a perfectly healthy scotcheroo.
- In a sauce pan, honey, peanut butter and vanilla cream is to be combined and heated.
- The heating is to be done in medium heat, and the ingredients are to be stirred till they are smoothly combined.
- This is then mixed with the rice krispies and stirred till it is completely mixed.
- A bowl is to be greased with butter and kept aside.
- Now this mixture is placed within the bowl and left to cool down.
- The chocolate chips and the leftover peanut butter are heated in the microwave and melted.
- Then it is stirred and allowed to settle down.
- After this it is spread on the rice mixture and refrigerated for best results.
- Oatmeal Scotcheroos:
This is one healthy scotcheroos recipe that should be tried by one and all.
- 1 cup normal sugar.
- 1 cup brown sugar.
- 1 egg.
- 1 tea spoon vanilla cream.
- 1 cup flour.
- 1/2 tea spoon baking soda.
- 1/4 cup water.
- 1 cup coconut.
- 1 tea spoon salt.
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips.
- 3 cups oatmeal.
- 3/4 cup shortening cream.
- The baking soda, flour, salt, coconut and oatmeal are to be mixed together and kept aside.
- The shortening cream and sugar are blended well.
- The water, vanilla and egg are combined together and added to the mixture.
- Now there are 2 ingredient mixtures, dry and wet. The wet mix is added to the dry one making it into a thick paste.
- On this the butterscotch chips are added.
- Then finally it is baked at 350 degrees for around 12-15 minutes to get the perfect scotcheroo.
- Scotcheroo K Bars:
- 6 cups special K cereal.
- 1 cup sugar.
- 1 1/2 cup special creamy peanut butter.
- 1 cup chocolate chips.
- 1 cup white corn syrup.
- 1 cup butterscotch chips.
- The peanut butter, white corn syrup and sugar is first mixed in a micro wave bowl.
- It is then cooked in the microwave for around 3 minutes at a high flame.
- In this mixture, the special K cereal is then poured.
- The mixture is then blended well into a thick paste and then placed into the greased pan.
- The butterscotch and chocolate chips are melted in the microwave at a high temperature for a couple of minutes.
- Then this mixture is placed onto the cereal and allowed to cool.
- From here many bars of the scotcheroo can be sliced.
This is one of the finest and most healthy scotcheroos recipe of all times. Keeping in terms with present condition,it is less in sugar content.
Gluten Free Scotcheroo:
- Margarine, butter or pan spray for greasing the pan.
- 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar.
- 1 1/2 cups karo corn syrup.
- 1 bag peanut butter chips/ butterscotch chips.
- 8 cups rice krispies.
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter.
- The 9×13 pan is greased with either butter, margarine or pam spray as per choice of an individual.
- In a sauce pan the sugar and karo syrup is melted over medium heat. The sugar has to dissolve but the mixture should not be boiled.
- After this, the mixture is removed from the heat and then peanut butter is added to it.
- It should be stirred slowly, so as to not thicken the whole paste.
- This mixture is then added onto the rice krispies.
- The mixture is to be added in a very light and uniform manner so that a straight slab is formed.
- The chocolate chips and peanut butter/butterscotch chips is then melted in the microwave.
- Then this mix is placed on the rice krispies and cooled before serving.
In this world of fat free and glucose free food, it is essential that one should have a completely fat free and healthy food item, even in terms of desserts.
Thus, one wishing a healthy body yet having a knack for desserts should definitely try out these healthy scotcheroos for a light snack.