Scotcheroos are dessert bars with chocolate, peanut butter and rice krisperies. They are fun to make and they are even more fun to eat. Most chocolate scotcheroos are prepared with corn syrup. They are sticky, chewy and chocolaty all in one bite; these Scotcheroos are perfect for all occasions. These no-bake bar cookies can be made ready in less than 30 minutes. These rice krispie scotcheroos are easy to make and delicious.
Scotcheroos without corn syrup can be prepared in many different ways. Corn syrup can be substituted with marshmallows for a less sweet and more intensely chocolaty and peanut buttery Scotcheroos. These can be prepared with marshmallows, peanut butter and chocolates.
Scotcheroos with Marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 6 cups rice krispies
- Butterscotch chips
- Milk choc chips
- Melt peanut butter and butter in microwave.
- Add mini marshmallows and coat.
- Microwave until melted and puffy.
- Stir continuously.
- Add vanilla and rice krispies.
- Stir until coated.
- Lightly press mixture into a buttered 13×9 pan and let cool.
- Melt both chips together and spread evenly onto bars.
- Let cool completely.
There is yet another way of preparation of Scotcharoos with dark chocolates replacing milk choc chips.
Scotcharoos with dark chocolates
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Once butter has melted add vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add marsh mallows, stirring constantly until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanuts, peanut butter and rice krispies, working quickly to incorporate thoroughly.
- Press mixture into greased dish or pan.
- Set aside. In a medium saucepan over low heat melt chocolate and butterscotch chips, stirring constantly until combined and smooth.
- Pour over cereal mixture and spread to ensure even coverage.
- Cool until chocolate become firm.
- For quicker setting cover with plastics wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour or until chocolate is set. Cut into 20 bars and serve. Store leftovers in airtight containers.
Scotcheroos with Corn Flakes
Yet another way to prepare Scotcheroos with corn flakes. This is the best snacks for kids; the ingredients are same the only difference is that the rice krispies need to be replaced by corn flakes.
- Measure out 6 cups of corn flakes into large bowl.
- Measure out ½ cup of of peanut butter, add to bowl with cereal.
- Add marsh mallows, stir until cereal is covered, spread mixture into 9×13 pan and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter scotch chips in microwave or over medium heat on stove.
- Spread on top of cereal mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Bars will cut best when they are warmed to room temperature.
Scotcheroos with Honey
A healthy way of preparing Scotcheroos is replacing corn syrup with honey and milk chocolate with dark chocolate; this would lessen the sugar content in the recipe.
- Stir corn flakes or rice krispies, honey, dark chocolate, peanut butter in glass bowl.
- Microwave on high approximately 2 minute just until bubbly.
- Stir in cereal. Press into 9×13 pan.
- Combine chips in a glass bowl and microwave on high for about 2 minutes, stirring until melted and well combined. Let cool and cut into pieces.
Other recipes of Scotcheroos include triple Scotcheroos with nutella, sugar, rice cereal, peanut butter, chips etc.
Scotcheroos Banana Bread
This is something swanky which includes the ingredients as vanilla, semi-sweet chocolate morsels, bananas, peanut butter, honey which are all combined with cereal and baked in order to prepare bread.
Scotcheroos ice cream is also one of delicious recipe which consists of eggs, milk, dry roasted peanuts, and granulated sugar. Some of the other Scotcheroos recipes are Scotcheroos bars and cookies
- Healthy Scotcharoos Recipe
- 150 g crispy brown rice cereal
- 48 g old fashioned rolled oats
- 13g ground flaxseed
- 1/8 table spoon salt
- 168 g brown rice syrup
- 128g natural peanut butter
- 42 g pure maple syrup
- 1 table spoon butter scotch extract
- 64 g vanilla whey protein powder
- Dark chocolate
- In a large bowl, stir together the cereal, oats, flax and salt.
- In other bowl stir together rice syrup, peanut butter and butter scotch extract.
- Microwave at 30 seconds intervals, stirring between each one until mixture is runny.
- Stir in the protein powder and scoop this mixture over dry ingredients and fold together.
- Scoop into the prepared pan and flatten.
- Melt the chocolate and scoop this over the krispies treats and spread to the edges, trying to make the surface somewhat flat.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Slice and serve