Scotcheroos main ingredient is rice krispies, it contain gluten it may resist many of you from tasting it. Here comes the solution now you can also taste the yummy scotcherros using gluten free rice krispries . Now enjoy your party time with gluten free scotcheroos and share your happiness and joy with your loved one.
Preparation Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 25 mins
Gluten free rice krispies 6to 8 cups
Peanut Butter 1 ½ cups
Gluten free Butterscotch chips 1 cup
Semi sweet chocolate chips 1 cup
Karo light corn syrup 1 ½ cup
Brown sugar 1 ½ cup
Butter for greasing the pan
- Grease the pan with your choice of butter, margarine, Crisco, here I used butter as it tastes good.
- In a non stick sauce pan, mix karo syrup and brown sugar.
- Heat it in medium flame until the mixture gets dissolves completely. Do not boil the mixture as it may make the syrup harden and difficult to chew.
- Remove the pan from flame and add peanut butter , stir continuously until it gets mixed with the mixture.
- Add gluten free rice krispies to the mixture and mix well
- Transfer the contents to the greasing pan and set aside.
- Press the mixture using spatula to get evenly spread over the pan. Once it gets hard cut it into bars.
- Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in microwave oven for 30 seconds, stir continuously as it may get burnt.
- Pour the melted mixture evenly over the bars in the greasing pan.
- Wait till the mixture gets cool and set. Now the yummy rice gluten scotcheroos are ready to serve.