Making football scotcheroos could be a great way during the football season to support your favourite team. It is not very tough to make these recipes yourself with minimum ingredients. We have listed the ingredients, facts and directions to prepare this recipe. Try it and then let us know what do you think and how did the recipe taste.
Fact you must know:
Initially you will need up to 25 minutes for basic preparation and then up to 10 minutes for cooking and 40 minutes for cooling.
The ingredients listed below is for 24 bars, if we need more adjust the amount of ingredients as per your requirement.
- 1 cup corn syrup
- sugar 1 cup
- peanut butter 1 cup
- rice crispy cereal 6 cup
- semisweet chocolate chips ( as required)
- butterscotch chips (as required)
- white chocolate chips (half cup)
- corn oil – 1 teaspoon
- coconut flaked, tossed (with water & food colouring)- 1 cup ( use only if you need)
Procedure to make Football Scotcheroos
- The first step is to get a serving plate or tray ready by spraying cooking spray to be used later.
- Take a large saucepan and place it over a burner in medium heat for dissolving sugar in corn syrup. Add corn syrup in the saucepan and add sugar to the saucepan. Keep stirring it continuously until the sugar dissolves very well in the corn syrup. Once the mixture boils remove it from the burner and add peanut butter and stir it very well so that it mixes with it. Then add cereal such that it is evenly coated.
- Now they entire mixture must be poured over the serving plate which you prepared in the first step and allow it to cool for about five minutes.
- After it cools for some time, now you how to make football shapes out of the cooled mixture. For that first spray your hands with cooking spray and shape the mixture into an football shape of required size. Make sure all the football shape which you make on the same size.
- Now take another saucepan and add butterscotch and chocolate chips to it and place it over a burner in low heat. You have to melt it by stirring continuously.
- Now spread the melted chocolate over the top and sides of the football shape cereal mixture which you made in the previous step.
- Take another small plastic bag and mix the white chocolate chips and oil in it. Place it in a microwave on high heat for about 40 to 60 seconds. Take it out and then cut the bags corner. No squeeze it over the football carefully to make the laces for the football.
- Allow it to cool for about 50 minutes.
An optional step would be to add a mixture of coconut, water and food colouring in a plastic resealable bag. Toss it so that the colouring mixer well and appears uniformly green. Then sprinkle it in the plate to make the grass in the football playground.