Welcome to Scotcharoos.net, if you are searching online to prepare scotcheroo with Karo syrup, this post is what you are looking for. This recipe will help you make chocolate scotcheroos at your home easily. Below are ingredients which you need to make this recipe.
Karo corn syrup 1 cup. (light)
sugar as required or 1 cup.
peanut butter – 1 cup.
Rice crispy cereal – 6 cups
chocolate chips- 1 cup (semi-sweet)
butterscotch chips ( 1 cup)
Fact you must know:
you will need around 20 minutes for the preparation of this recipe and then 10 minutes to cook it. After cooking allow it to cool for about 45 minutes. If you add the ingredients as listed above, you will get up to 24 scotcheroo bars.
Take a vessel, add corn syrup and sugar mixture to it and place it to boil in a burner. Make sure you don’t overheat this mixture and remove it immediately from heat. The reason is too much heat or cooking will make the resulting scotcheroo very hard. Also take care when adding chocolate chips. It is to be melted in low heat to prevent scorching.
- in a large saucepan, cook corn syrup and sugar. Make sure the heat is medium as you keep stirring the mixture to dissolve the sugar in the syrup. Heat it until the mixture boils and then remove from heat.
- Take the peanut butter and stir it with the mixture so that it mixes well.
- Now add the cereal to the mixture and make sure it is evenly coated everywhere.
- Now pour the resulting mixture into a greased pan of size at least 13×9 and place it separate.
- In another saucepan melt butterscotch chips and chocolate in low to medium heat. Keep stirring continuously and then when it is ready, spread it over the cereal.
- Allow it to cool for about 40 to 45 minutes. Cut into separate bars when it is firm.
- You can use almond butter as an substitute for peanut butter if you wish to try different.